Tie Siding

When the post office was built here, which still stands, the outside of the building was lined with surplus railroad ties; thus, it has "tie siding". The ties were shipped through here from the Medicine Bow Forest from 1868 on. With the completion of the railroad, the small community remained to provide goods and services to area ranchers.
Copyright © 2011 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved