Sinclair
Pop. 423 Elev. 6,592

Established as a company town for the oil refinery in 1923, this town was originally named Parco, for the Producers Oil and Refinery Company (POR-co?). When the Sinclair Company bought the refinery in 1934, the name was changed to reflect the new ownership. It was not until 1967 that homes and public buildings were actually sold to the employees and the town government. A peaceful community with several mission style buildings, an ornate fountain in the center of town, and an inn listed as a National Historic Place, Sinclair is often overlooked by passing travelers.
Copyright © 2011 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved